How do I get my products to show up in Google Shop?
If you have an eCommerce website, you may have wondered how to get your products to show up in Google Shop. Adding your products to Google Shop search results is not the easiest process, especially if you have a large product catalog, but it can bring in some extra traffic and maybe even boost your online revenue if submitted and advertised properly.
Here is a very basic overview of the steps you’ll need to complete.
Note that you’ll need a Google Adwords account to submit your products to the Google Shopping results. Additionally, Google Shop is often used to find the very best possible price, so if you’re selling the same exact products that other companies sell for a higher price, then Google Shop may not be the best solution for you.
- Sign up for a Google Adwords account if you haven’t already.
- Navigate to the Google Merchant Center
- Submit your spreadsheet of products. It will need to be prepped to follow the Google Shop format required by Google
- Set up a specific campaign for your Google Shop
- Wait for the product feed to populate in Google’s Shopping search results. How long does this take? Well, it depends on Google. We recently helped Russo Music prepare and submit their product feed and it took nearly 6 days for it to appear in the search results. Yikes!
If you need further assistance with setting this up, just drop us a line and we can help you out.